Recent News

Copyright © 2025 Indus OBServer. All Right Reserved.

Kushner urges Netanyahu to ‘not create obstacles’ in Gaza peace plan: report

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Ut elit tellus, luctus nec ullamcorper mattis, pulvinar dapibus leo.

Share It:

Table of Content


US envoy and Trump’s son-in-law presses Israeli leader to accept 15-point roadmap

US President Donald Trump’s Envoy Jared Kushner urged Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to avoid hindering the Trump administration’s peace plan for the Gaza Strip, according to US media reports.

Kushner pressed Netanyahu to move forward with the plan, CNN reported on Monday, citing an Israeli source.

He specifically told Netanyahu to “not create obstacles” in the implementation of the plan, according to the news outlet.

The meeting followed Kushner’s direct engagement with senior Hamas officials in Egypt.

Despite a nearly four-hour session, Israeli media indicated that the leaders failed to reach an agreement on several critical issues. Netanyahu reportedly remains unpersuaded and continues to insist on maintaining attacks in Gaza as national elections approach.

Read: Kushner’s talks with Israel, Hamas end without breakthrough on Trump Gaza plan

The Israeli leader previously rejected the second-phase roadmap proposed by the US-backed Board of Peace.

In earlier remarks to Fox News, Kushner characterised the discussions as “very, very good,” claiming they addressed several misunderstandings.

While Kushner noted that Hamas representatives “said all the right things” during the meeting in Cairo, he acknowledged the difficulty of trusting the group. He said the US will evaluate Hamas based on “actions and steps” on the implementation of the peace framework.

In October 2023, the Israeli army began a deadly offensive in Gaza that has killed more than 73,000 Palestinians and injured over 174,000.

Read more: Trump approval falls to 33%, lowest of his presidency: poll

Despite a ceasefire that has remained in place since October 2025 as part of the first phase of Trump’s Gaza peace plan, Israel has continued to attack the Palestinian enclave, killing at least 1,260 victims and injuring more than 4,100, according to Gaza’s Health Ministry.

The second phase of Trump’s plan envisages the transfer of governance in Gaza to a Palestinian technocratic committee, deploying an international stabilisation force, and placing weapons under international supervision.

Israel is expected to carry out a phased withdrawal from Gaza to allow reconstruction efforts to begin.



Source link

Tags :

Serverindusob@gmail.com

https://eng.indusobserver.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Grid News

Latest Post

Find Us on Youtube

Indus Observer is an independent digital news platform delivering the latest, authentic, and unbiased news from Pakistan and around the world. Our mission is to promote truth-based journalism by providing accurate information and timely analysis to our readers.

Latest News

Most Popular

Copyright © 2025 Indus OBServer themes. All Right Reserved.