Security forces recover ammunition, magazines, hand grenades, material used to make IEDs
Two terrorists were killed and three others injured in an intelligence-based operation in Balochistan’s Killi Zaik area, security sources said on Monday.
The operation was carried out after security forces received information about the presence of terrorists between Killi Zaik and Kaghli, around 12km north of Baseema Camp, the sources said.
The federal government last year officially designated all terrorist groups operating in Balochistan as ‘Fitna al-Hindustan‘, accusing India of sponsoring a proxy war through these outfits. Fitna al-Khawarij is the state-designated term for the banned outfit Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP).
The high-tempo intelligence-driven operations were conducted as part of the ongoing “Radd-ul-Fitna-3” campaign, which the military’s media wing has described as a counterterrorism operation aimed at eliminating Indian proxies.
An exchange of fire took place during the operation, in which two terrorists were killed, and three others were injured. One of those killed was identified as Mushtaq Ahmed alias Koh Yar, according to security sources.
Security forces also recovered ammunition, magazines, hand grenades and material used to make improvised explosive devices (IEDs) from the terrorists, the sources said.
Security forces remained committed to continuing operations against terrorism until its complete elimination and the establishment of lasting peace in Balochistan, the sources said.
A day earlier, seven terrorists affiliated with Fitna-al-Khawarij were killed and several others wounded in an intelligence-based operation in Kharan district, according to security sources. The operation was carried out in the Lajay area of Kharan under Operation Radd-ul-Fitna-3 following intelligence reports about the presence of terrorists.
In an operation on August 10, security forces killed five terrorists, including a key commander identified as Wazir, son of Jamal, in Balochistan’s Panjgur district, according to security sources. The operation was carried out in the Sarkeni and Chidgi areas under Operation Radd-ul-Fitna-3.
On August 9, security forces killed 15 terrorists in intelligence-based operations across Mastung, Bolan, Washuk, Awaran, Sibi, Khuzdar, Harnai and Noshki under Operation Radd-ul-Fitna-3. A large quantity of weapons and ammunition was also recovered, while the operations significantly disrupted the terrorists’ network and restricted their movement across Balochistan, the sources said.
Also on August 6, security forces killed 12 terrorists belonging to Fitna al-Hindustan during IBOs in the Washuk and Mastung districts of Balochistan, the military’s media wing reported.
Terrorism is a growing problem for Pakistan, with the number of attacks rising every year since 2022, according to Armed Conflict Location & Event Data (ACLED), a global monitoring organisation. Data from ACLED shows attacks in Pakistan rose nearly fourfold to 2,425 in 2025 from 658 in 2022, and over the same period, TTP attacks increased more than sevenfold to 838 from 118.
Although Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa has borne the brunt of terrorism, Balochistan has also remained a major target of Indian proxies, which often target civilians and military installations in the province.
In one such attack on the last day of 2025, terrorists targeted innocent civilians in Balochistan’s Gwadar and Kharan districts, where 18 people, including women, children, the elderly and labourers, embraced martyrdom.
Read More:10 terrorists killed in IBO in Balochistan’s Khuzdar: state media
The forces continued operations across the provinces against what the state describes as Indian-sponsored terrorists and their proxies, but despite these efforts, the groups have continued to target civilian and defence installations.
Read More: 12 terrorists killed as forces fight off multiple attacks in Balochistan’s Kharan
Earlier this month, at least 30 people, including 27 police personnel, were martyred when terrorists identified by the state as the Indian proxy Fitna al-Hindustan ambushed police personnel deployed in the Kach Mangi Phase III area of Ziarat, triggering hours-long gun battles. The attackers also abducted several civilians and police personnel after the assault.
In the aftermath of the attack, the Pakistan Army, Frontier Corps and Balochistan Police launched a joint operation, which remains underway, with forces intensifying action against terrorists across the province.


















